Returns & Refunds:
Change your mind? Never mind!
You know you are in safe hands with Melcom Limited. Our products have a 48 hours money back guarantee. If you change your mind and your item is unused, undamaged and in its original condition and packaging with all accessories and manuals, visit our Service Centre, and after testing it we can either exchange it or give you a full refund when you return it within 48 hours. Call Melcom Connect for further information.
If your payment was by debit/credit card, the refund will be made to the same card. If you paid by mobile money the refund will be refunded to your mobile wallet account. Payments made by cash will made by company cheque within 7 working days from our Head Office in Accra.
Please note, refunds to credit/debit cards may take up to 30 days depending upon the bank it was issued by.
Melcom Limited, (“Melcom”) represents and warrants to the original purchaser (“Purchaser”) that all electronic and electrical products (“Products”) are free from material defects, including improper or inferior workmanship, materials, and design, during the designated warranty period, and subject to the following terms and conditions, when used normally and in accordance with all operating instructions:
- Warranty Period: Coverage under this warranty is limited to a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase from Melcom
- This limited warranty only applies to products and/or brands sold by Melcom.
- The Warranty extends only to Purchasers who purchased the Product in Ghana and is not assignable or transferable to any subsequent purchaser/customer.
- During the limited warranty period, Melcom will repair, refund or replace at Melcom’s sole discretion, any parts of the Product that are manufacturing defects or malfunctioning during normal usage. Melcom reserves the right to use new or refurbished replacement parts in repair of the Product. This warranty excludes any physical damage i.e. cracked screens, damaged charging parts.
- This limited warranty covers only the costs of parts and labour. Other related costs such as shipping and delivery costs must be borne by the purchaser.
- Proof of Purchase must be provided to validate the warranty with original purchase dated bill of sale or dated itemized receipt.
- This warranty does not cover damage resulting from:
a) Abuse, accident, misuse, improper storage, exposure to liquid, moisture, or dampness;
b) External causes such as from collision, fire, flood, sand, dirt, windstorm, lightning, or earthquake;
c) Exposure to extreme weather conditions, Acts of God, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source;
d) Computer or internet viruses, bugs, worms, Trojan Horses,etc…;
e) Normal wear and tear of the equipment;
f) Usage of equipment other than its normal and customary manner;
g) Improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, or any alteration or modification of Product;
h) Consumable parts or accessories, such as batteries, unless damage has occurred due to a defect to the product due to materials and workmanship;
i) Service performed by anyone who is not a Melcom approved technician, or the products official brand representative or an authorized Melcom service provider;
j) Other acts which are not the fault of Melcom, including damage caused by shipping;
k) Cosmetic damages, including but not limited to dents or scratches in decorative, structural, or non-operative parts resulting from normal customer use;
l) Spillage of food or liquid, corrosion, rust or incorrect voltage;
m) Damage due to voltage fluctuations or from any form of irregular power supply, including spikes, surges or brownouts.
- This warranty will also be null and void in any of the following events:
a) The serial number or warranty seal on the equipment has been altered, defaced or removed;
b) Any term contained in this warranty has been altered or modified in any way without prior written consent of Melcom;
c) Melcom has not been notified by Purchaser of the alleged defect or malfunction of the Product during the applicable warranty period.
- If Product is returned to Melcom after the expiration of the warranty period, Melcom’s normal service policies shall apply and Purchaser will be charged accordingly.
a) Melcom assumes no obligation or liability beyond that which is expressly provided for in this limited warranty.
b) All warranty information, pricing, product features and specifications are subject to change.
- This limited warranty provides Purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy to be provided by Melcom. The agents, employees, distributors, and dealers who Melcom works with are not authorized to make modifications to this limited warranty, or make additional warranties binding on Melcom.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
- Melcom’s limit of liability under this limited warranty shall be the actual cash value of the product at the time purchaser returns the product for repair, as determined by the price paid by the purchaser for the product less a reasonable amount of usage. Melcom shall not be liable for any other losses or damages such as special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages (including but not limited to loss of anticipated benefits or profits, loss of savings or revenue, loss of data, loss of use of the product or any associated equipment, cost of capital, cost of any substitute equipment or facilities, downtime, any costs of recovering, reprogramming, or reproducing any program or data, any failure to maintain the confidentiality of data stored on the product, the claims of any third parties, including subsequent purchasers, and injury to property, resulting from the purchase or use of the product or arising from breach of this warranty, breach of contract, negligence, strict liability, or any other legal or equitable theory, even if Melcom knew of the likelihood of such damages). Melcom shall not be liable for delay in rendering service under the limited warranty, or loss of use during the period that the product is being repaired.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
- Melcom’s liability under either the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose shall be limited to the duration of the foregoing limited written warranty. Otherwise, the foregoing limited warranty is purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy and is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied.
Legal Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their products. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Installation & After Sales Service: Advice on installation and after sales service can be obtained by contacting our After Sales Service Centre at
email@example.com or contacting +233-303 970 413
Return Address for items being returned: -Call Melcom Connect
Applicable Law & Jurisdiction: These Terms and Conditions are to be interpreted and governed by the laws in force in Ghana. Each party hereby agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the Ghanaian courts and to waive any objections based upon venue.
Melcom Connect (Customer Service Desk): Mon – Fri: 9am to 6pm
Sat: 9am – 1 pm
Melcom Toll Free: +233-80023456
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.